Friday, November 04, 2005

News Flash: Sunfire to Enter Car Graveyard


aata
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
The Sunfire drove it's last mile yesterday.

I was driving to my dentist appointment in Walled Lake, stopped at a stoplight (on M-5, a busy 3 lane highway) in the fast lane, and then when it turned green and I hit the excellerator, the car turned off. Shit... started it, hit the gas, turned off again. Repeat. Repeat.

Shit. What do I do? People are zooming past me, honking horns, I am getting panicky, freaking out, calling my mother... she yells at me to get out of the car, I freak out a little more and then go stand on the median. Luckily a cop making a traffic stop saw me pretty quickly, he came and put his lights on behind me. Towed the car to the shop. Freaking out... freaking out so hard, how is this possible, I've already spent so much money on this stupid satan car (new alternator, starter, etc, etc, etc) that was supposed to be so fabulous.

Well, I think I've said I was freaking out quite a few times but I really can not illustrate enough my reaction to this event... panic attack x 10000. I do realize that it's just a car and I'm lucky to not have been hurt. But the countless car problems I've had my whole driving life (see past posts, you will understand) on top of all the shit for school I needed to get done yesterday, and some other stuff that I've got going on... it just really sucked hard.

So, found out today that the transmission is shot, there's stuff wrong with the axles, and some other crap is all screwed up which amounts to around $2500. Yeah, right. Good thing I know how to take the bus.

So, if you happen to know someone selling a cheap used car, please get ahold of me. I am broke but I do have some assets. And I'd much rather put them into a new car than freaking deal with this Sunfire one minute longer.

1 comment:

Clint Moore said...

That incident would freak out anyone! Being stuck in the middle of the road isn't a good thing. This should serve as a lesson for everyone. Always check if your car is in good condition before hitting the road. Doing that could prevent your car from breaking down.