Sunday, November 06, 2005

KTC and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Series of Unfortunate Events


alexander
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
You all know about the car thing... having no wheels sucks for a number of reasons, mostly that I feel no independence and also feel like a burden on my friends who are nice enough to cart me around.

Nothing happened today that equals losing a car, but in the style of Alexander and Leminy Snicket, it was terribly bad.

I was walking down Packard to the store, daydreaming about what a fabulous evening I had last night, when I tripped right over this planter thing and landed on the sidewalk. It hurt. There were cars driving by (so embarrassing). The beautiful onyx bracelet that my mother made me caught on something, sending beads everywhere. My cell phone dropped out of my pocket and twisted into some unrecognizable metal conglomeration.

Grr. Lovely. I picked myself, the beads I could find, the metal thing and it's random pieces up. Went to the store as planned and returned to Jacob's. I started to realize that I was really really hurt, especially my tore up right hand, left elbow, and left knee. Ouch ouch. I put my phone back together as best I could with electrical tape, and to my amazement, all but one button worked. Jacob wouldn't stop making fun of me, so I left to go study at Rendez-Vous.

While walking there, one of the straps on my backpack broke. Great.

Got some work done, and now I'm sitting here with frozen squash on my knee, feeling sorry for myself, and really really not wanting to walk to the bus stop tomorrow. Also desperately hoping the repair stitches in my backpack strap won't give out, and I that I might be able to replace the phone for fairly cheap.

What's next?? At this point I can only say, Bring It On.

No comments: