Wednesday, July 13, 2005

FLIP THE SWITCH!


Porch Light
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
I go to work between 2 and 4, and usually return between 10 and midnight. My roommate leaves around 5pm and doesn't get back until around 4am. Therefore, it becomes his responsibility to turn on the porch light so that I can see what the heck I'm doing and where my key is when I get home. The first night he forgot this week, no big deal. The second night, two large men were hiding behind a tree staring at me while I struggled to find the correct key. I thought I was done for, but I made it inside. Then, the third night, I had enough. I wrote a nice note, "TURN THE PORCH LIGHT ON BEFORE YOU GO TO WORK, you bastard!" as well as spoke to him a bit about it this afternoon. I was confident that the light would not be forgotten this evening. But once again, I came home to a dark entryway. I called him at work to bitch him out, as well as taped my note to the front door where it would be nearly impossible to miss. Now let's see what happens. I have the next two nights off, but once I go back to work, if that light is not on when I get home, there goes the contents of the fridge right into his bed. Watch out, roommie!

No comments: