Monday, February 14, 2005

Unnecessary Testing

I have been working at the same restaurant for almost 3 years. I have been a server for almost 6 years. This is not bragging cause serving food to yuppies is nothing to brag about, but... I know my shit. If I waited on you, you might be delighted with the menu and service knowledge that I have. I am one of the best servers at my workplace.
Tell me why, then, is it that I had to be at work at 8 am this morning to take a menu test? And not just any menu test, an EXTENSIVE menu test. It took me an hour and I ACED it. We're talking 100 percent here, folks. Meanwhile, it took some people 3 hours.
This pisses me off for a few reasons.
First, my boss(es) should be observant enough to know that I know my shit. I answer all of the questions at "pre-shift" and they are always practically begging me to train new servers. Also, there is no end result to this testing. In all reality, nothing will happen to servers who failed the test. And I will in no means be rewarded for doing well. Finally, there are better things that I can be doing at 8 am. Like sleeping.
It will become obvious as this blog continues that I HATE MY JOB.

No comments: