Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Just SIT THERE Why Don't You??!?

Worked again tonight and thank goodness Paule had the good sense to cut everyone but Eliz and I since it was super dead... while I really HATE it when work is slow, there was something else that happened that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.
Why is it that when people come in fifteen minutes, hell, even two minutes before we close, they just can't seem to get the hint that I am tired and want to leave? Now, it's no big deal if they come in, want to get a quick bite and brew, and take off, cause I have closing work to do anyway. However, those people who sit there, talk, and eat VERY slowly, I have a problem with. I give last call, and they look at me like I'm crazy. "Can I order TWO drinks for last call?" No, no, you can't. Most of the lights get turned off, they look around like there is a power outage. Can't be that we would politely like them to leave. I drop the check. "Is there any coffee left?" No, no, there isn't. We dumped it like 20 minutes ago. THEN, they have the audacity to open the locked front door and sneak two friends in so they can chat. Meanwhile, I am covered in beer and soup, and would like to get home before my cat starves.
I REALLY HATE WAITING ON YUPPIES WHO THINK THEY ARE BETTER, SMARTER, AND MORE IMPORTANT THAN ME.

No comments: