Tuesday, February 22, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEEN!

Today is one of my best girl friend's birthday. Birthdays are a big deal to me, and I LOVE helping people celebrate. Especially this girl. Our birthdays are a little over a month apart, and in the past we have started partying on my birthday and not stopped until hers was over. Fabulous drunken celebrations that I will never forget but can't quite remember.
This year, there will be no celebration. NYC is far away from me, and that's where she is. While I am sure that she will have fun this evening with her city friends, I can't help but know she is missing out. Cause I won't be there, of course.
This issue all comes down to money. I am poor, rediculously poor. A flight to NY doesn't cost all that much, usually about 100 bucks, but between that and days missed at work, it is an impossibility. Something's gotta change.
All right, well, I hate being poor but Leen will be here next month and we will celebrate then. Watch out, it's probably going to get a little crazy.

No comments: