Sunday, February 20, 2005

Here It Comes...

Living in Michigan is really hard for me for one basic reason... I hate and am terrified of snow. When I was in high school, I got frostbite on my feet quite a few times, and I can still feel the effects when it gets cold out. Cold is bad. Snow is much much worse.
It snowed on Christmas morning in 2002 and my mom and I were on our way to have breakfast at a friend's house. I was driving her new Saturn up a large hill when, almost to the top, the car spun to the left. Luckily, there were no cars on the road and I drove to the bottom of the hill to try again. Almost to the top, the same exact thing happened again (and why wouldn't it?) but this time a large SUV was coming over the top of the hill and hit the passengers side of the car full on. Thankfully my mom and I were not hurt, and niether was the family of four that were headed to the airport for a Christmas day flight to Disney World. Unfortunately my mother's new car was totalled.
It also snowed on Christmas morning 2003 and my mom was driving her new Alero containing my dog, cat, and myself home from up north where my grandparents were in order for me to see my dad that evening. We were singing gospel music and were about halfway home when we hit an icy patch and spun out across 4 lanes of traffic. Amazingly enough, no one swerved or hit our car so no other vehicles were involved. We spun into a veterans dedication highway sign which collapsed over the top of the car. All four of us were okay, (as my grandma would say, "PTL!") but the new car was not. Totalled again.
Niether of these accidents were as bad as the time I flipped my car a few times, sideways down a hill in the middle of summer.
Now it has snowed since early morning, in fact we are having "Thunder Snow" which I have never even heard of. Sounds scary.

No comments: