Friday, September 02, 2005

Farewell, Employment! (Part 4)


hector and jimmys
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
It feels very weird to look back and think about my first serving job. When I started at Hector and Jimmy's in Milford, MI in 1999, I would have never thought that it would be the first in a string of restaurants that would pay my way through college, provide a non-stop pool of friends (oh and quite a few people who pissed me off through the years), and basically teach me responsibility through the hazy goggles of way too much partying.

I remember quite a few choice things about Hector and Jimmy's: I dropped a huge tray of food on my first day, I had a huge crush on a bartender (his name, Chris, I think?), and tables would demand "ranch and rolls" almost as soon as I would greet them. Admittedly, the ranch and rolls were killer. Southwestern Chicken Salad was awesome too, I'm pretty sure that's what it was called. And Jimmy was pretty crazy, with an affinity for young teenage girls and psycho about whether or not there was anough ketchup gone from the bottle to throw it away. No one ever saw Hector, I really have no idea what his deal was.

I don't even know if this place is still standing (the website has been removed and this tiny tiny picture was the only one I could find on the web), but I think I am going to go check it out this week. I feel a craving for some ranch and rolls coming on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hector and jimmys is still going its no smoking now and i used to wash dishes there i think around 99 hahaha, anyways hector sold out long ago and opened a restaraunt in brighton i think spicy foods mmm and i live in milford still bout 1/2 mile away from hector and jimmys