Friday, October 21, 2005

Pity Party


doh
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
I was talking to Leen earlier today and she told me that she had recently caught up on my blogs, and it looked pretty depressing. I told her with the day that I was having, I had better stay away from writing anything, cause man it was a bad day. But here I am, smack in the middle of a pity party for myself, and I'm going to lay it all out for you.

The day started out normally enough, Isa and I went to a late lunch before heading out to study. Unfortunately, when we left the diner, I noticed that one of my tires was completely flat. Well, I can change a tire but I'm not very good at it, so I decided to ride with Isa to study and get Jacob or Brad to change it when they got home from work.

By this time, I was starting to feel pretty shitty. Since I got my first car at 16 (a lovely 1983 S-10 with holes in the floorboard, thank you) straight up until this very day, I have had nothing but a long slew of automobile problems. This flat tire, along with my mechanic telling me I need a new starter, and the weird noises that it makes all the time, all added up to make me have a near Sunfire-induced heart attack. I have neither time nor money for any of this.

There I was at Rendez-Vous, mulling over my unfortunate situation, when my mother called. Sometimes she has this uncanny ability to make me feel good about myself. This was not one of those times. Suffice to say, the conversation ended with her hanging up on me, and me blinking tears away. I hate crying, rarely do it, and feel like a huge baby when I do.

So Brad got off work, changed my tire, of course the spare was flat... yadda yadda yadda... just more bullshit. Finally got the car back to my place and now, here I am, wallowing in my car hatred and brokeness, too depressed to study.

*sigh* Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I will attempt something cheery for tomorrow.

3 comments:

357martini said...

problem is chev...they suck.....buy an import....smoke more weed ....or drink.......dont get down on yourself.....

Unknown said...

I know, I want a Honda Element so bad I can feel it... but considering I can't exactly afford to eat tomorrow, buying the lovely import is out of the question :(

Alicia said...

First, I agree on buying the import cars... but I also understand not having the money. *sigh* I too, am about to go study all day, and I ALSO had a flat tire last weekend.

Second, some people say the same about my blog, but come on...let's be real... if most people wrote about how they were feeling in a relatively uncensored format, do you really think that their blog would be 'happier-sounding'? I doubt it. I actually like your "Things Hated" better than "Things Loved".. but I've been called a cynic once or twice. :-)