Friday, March 04, 2005

I've Had Enough



Originally uploaded by primalktc.
I cried at work last night. This was a result of virtually no business (I was cut by 7:30 and made 20 dollars), managers out to get someone (anyone), and being totally and completely burned out.
This is not the type of "burned out" that can be solved by a few days off. It is time for me to toss my suspenders in the fire. I need a new job. And not another serving job. After 6 years of waiting on tables, I don't think I can do it anymore. So the question remains: what am I going to do? I have a degree but I don't feel qualified for anything. The search begins.
I don't know if I will make it through tonight's shift. I may go completely insane.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the interview, you will have to let me know how it goes. I have made a vow to myself to apply for at least 1 job a day until I get one... actually, the jobs that I am looking for are similar to the one that you are looking to get out of! Hm, interesting...

MB said...

I wish you the best. I know how it feel to cry at work. When I was a waitress, I had a really bad day once and could not stop crying. Every time anyone spoke to me, I started the crying all over again. I can't even remember what was so bad about it now, but I remember the out-of-control feeling of being totally unable to stop crying!

I hope you find a good job soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks mb, I am trying so hard to find a new job! There have been no crying incidents since the last one, but work is still extremely frustrating.