Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Decisions, Decisions....


decisions
Originally uploaded by primalktc.
My recent goal has been to apply to one job per day until I find something that will at least cut down my shifts at work. The ultimate goal would be to find something to totally replace the hell hole that I work in at the moment. So, here is where the problems begin.
Due to the fact that I am applying to EVERYTHING that I can imagine that I am qualified for, there are certain jobs that I would like to have more than others. One is a great full time position at the Library, but they don't stop taking applications for the position until Friday. Between now and then, I have a follow up interview at a dog kennel and my first interview at a day care (both part time). Do I take a job at say, the kennel, when I know that they want someone permanent and if I got offered the library job I would definately take it?
As much as I may come off as a jerk sometimes, I really wouldn't want to do that to someone. Then, on the other hand, what if I was offered the kennel job, turned it down, and then didn't get any better offers??
This is a serious conundrum. I need guidance, advice, prayers: somebody help me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about ditching a job for one you want more. No matter the circumstances, people do it ALL the time. Hell, the employers expect you to do what's best for you anyway.

Good luck finding a sweet job! (we all need one)

Unknown said...

Thanks guys, headed off to another interview now, and the advice is much appreciated.
Happy St Pattys to you both, and Reda, I will miss you tonight and be sure to drunk dial you later!