Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My Life is Random


DSC00330
Originally uploaded by b.e.n..
The other day I was driving home from work. It was really hot outside and since the a/c in my car doesn't work I had the windows rolled down and was enjoying a slight breeze. I stopped at a stop sign, like you do, when all of the sudden I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye and something pelted me HARD in the side of my head. It felt like a bottle or something, and my head immediately began throbbing.

While I was attempting to figure out what had just happened, I started driving again, looked in my rearview mirror, and saw this big guy all nonchalantly crossing the street behind me. I desperately wanted to stop the car, jump out, and ask him what the hell?? But I was alone and really didn't know what this person was capable of.

As I was driving away, still seriously not able to process the last 45 seconds of my life, I realized that whatever had hit me had not been knocked into the back seat as I had thought. "It" was wedged between my back and the seat back. I pulled it out. An orange bic lighter. I couldn't believe something so small had hurt so bad (my head hurt for hours) but I guess the guy had been pretty close to me when the lighter attack occurred.

I wish I knew what had inspired this person to be so violent towards me. Girl problems? Mental illness? Or did I one day personally piss him off? I will probably never know.

No comments: